Requests for Reinstatement and/or Extension for Intersession of School Year 2021-2022
April 15, 2021
TO : All Loyola Schools Graduate Students
FROM : (Sgd)Joaquin Julian B. Agtarap, MBA
: (Sgd)Anne Lan K. Candelaria, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Graduate Programs
SUBJECT : REQUESTS FOR REINSTATEMENT AND/OR EXTENSION FOR INTERSESSION OF SCHOOL YEAR 2021-2022
In keeping with the academic regulations provided in the Loyola Schools Graduate Student Handbook (2019 Edition), graduate students are reminded of the following:
Part III, Section 10. a. Rules on Time Limit in the Loyola Schools
All work for the masterís degree must be completed within five (5) years from the date of first enrollment for the degree, inclusive of leaves of absence and suspension due to disciplinary reasons.
All work for the Doctoral degree must be completed within seven (7) years from the date of first enrollment for the degree, inclusive of leaves of absence and suspension due to disciplinary reasons.
Part III, Section 10. b. Rules on Leave of Absence
1. Students who wish to separate themselves from the Loyola Schools for a semester or more must file a Request Form for Leave of Absence subject to the following conditions:
i.The student should be in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time when the request is made.
ii. The student may not study or enroll in another school during the Leave of Absence.
Application for leave of absence is only applicable for students who are still within the residency limit of 5 years in the masterís level and 7 years in the doctoral level.
In view of the above academic regulations, students are reminded to accomplish the following procedures prior to registration period:
1. Request for Reinstatement if they were unable to enroll at the Loyola Schools for at least two consecutive semesters without an approved Leave of Absence.
2. Request for Extension if they have exceeded/are about to exceed the time limit to complete a degree program and have not been given FINAL and NON-NEGOTIABLE deadlines to fulfill program requirements, provided that they are in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time when the request is made.
All requests for Reinstatement and/or Extension will be accepted only until Saturday, 15 May 2021 for the Intersession of School Year 2021-2022 registration.
ONLINE PROCEDURE FOR REINSTATEMENT AND/OR EXTENSION REQUESTS
IMPORTANT: Except on specified instances, communication between all concerned parties shall always be coursed through University-issued (i.e., official) email accounts. Accordingly, requests from students must be submitted using their @obf.ateneo.edu accounts. University offices and personnel shall also make use of their @ateneo.edu accounts. Communication relayed via any other email account will not be processed.
Students are reminded that the use of their @obf.ateneo.edu account comes with certain obligations, including, among others: (a) not to permit any other person to use the account for any purpose whatsoever; and (b) to use all necessary precautions to protect the account from unauthorized access (e.g., keeping the password thereto strictly confidential).
1. The Student sends a request for Reinstatement and/or Extension to the Office of the Registrar (RO) at email@example.com cc the Office of the Associate Dean for Graduate Programs (OADGP) at firstname.lastname@example.org. The email should include:
2. The RO evaluates the studentís eligibility to file the request based on the Reinstatement/Extension regulations.
- Subject Title: REQUEST FOR REINSTATEMENT/EXTENSION - Last Name, First Name- Degree Code (e.g. REQUEST FOR EXTENSION - Dela Cruz, Juan - MA EU)
- Complete Name of the Student
- Student ID Number
- Degree Program
- Reason/s for Reinstatement and/or Extension
- Requested Semester and School Year of implementation
- Proposed date/semester of completion of degree program
1. If a student is cleared to process a request, the RO replies and sends the Google Form link for Request for Reinstatement.
2. The student accomplishes the Google Form.
3. The RO evaluates the academic and enrollment status of the student and provides required information to the a) Department Chair/Program Director/Program Coordinator and b) OADGP through the links below:
-ROís evaluation and copy of grades
4. The Department Chair/Program Director/Program Coordinator evaluates the request of the student and endorses the same through the Google Form.
-Google Form for Departmentís evaluation and endorsement
5. The RO sends to OADGP the link to Google Form with the consolidated information from the student, RO and the Department.
6. The OADGP evaluates the request of the student based on the information provided through the links, fills out the OADGP Google Form and gives decision/final approval/comments.
7. The OADGP conveys the final decision to the student and provides instructions for payment of Reinstatement fee, cc the Department Chair/Program Coordinator and RO.
8. The student pays the fee and sends the copy of the bank transaction slip to OADGP and RO.
9. The RO updates the Studentís status and clears the student for enrollment in the next term.
EXTENSION/REINSTATEMENT AND EXTENSION
1. If a student is cleared to process a request, the RO replies and sends the Google Form link for Request for Reinstatement and/or Extension.
2. The student accomplishes the Google form and uploads his/her proposed Progress Report and Plan of Study/Timeline of Activities for the remaining semester/s requested for including the details of course/research work to be accomplished.
Important: Progress Report for Thesis/Dissertation/Capstone should be pre-approved by the studentís Adviser.
3. The Registrar evaluates academic and enrollment status of the student and provides required information to the a) Department Chair/Program Director/Program Coordinator b) OADGP through the following links:
-ROís evaluation, copy of grades
4. The Department Chair/Program Director/Program Coordinator, in
coordination with the adviser (for students who are in the thesis/dissertation/capstone stage, if applicable), evaluates the request of the student, recommends changes to the proposed Progress Report and Plan of Study/Timeline as necessary, and signifies endorsement. Any recommended revision should be explicitly indicated in the comments section of the form.
-Departmentís Google Form for evaluation and endorsement
5. The RO sends the following links to the OADGP:
-Consolidated info (from student, RO and Dept)
6. The OADGP evaluates the request of the student based on the information provided.
-Google Form for OADGP approval
7. The OADGP fills out the Google Form for decision/final approval/comments.
8. The OADGP conveys the final decision to the student and provides instructions for payment of Reinstatement & Extension fee, cc the following:
9. A student whose request is approved must:
- Department Chair/Program Coordinator
- Adviser/s, if applicable
10. The RO updates the Studentís status and clears the student for enrollment in the next term.
- Download OADGPís letter
- Conform with the conditions stated by signing the letter
- Pay the Reinstatement and Extension fee
- Send back to all the PDF copy of the signed letter together with the copy of the bank transaction slip to OADGP and RO